The last few days have been filled with creative endeavors! A few days ago I finished two new cross stitch pieces that I will be adding to the shop tomorrow, and tonight I’ve finished quite a few small projects too.

I started off making a business card holder out of polymer clay. It’s a pretty basic shape, and I added some embellishments, and overall I’m really happy with how it turned out.

I did overcook it so painting became a necessity but I’m really happy with it. It will look great sitting on my table at the Antelope Valley Indian Museum on the 1st.

After that, I painted a picture of a pony. I decided to coat the surface with glittery resin, which I’m waiting to cure now, and tomorrow I’ll apply a second coat to smooth things out.

Then I decided to get into the white resin Tracy gave me. I’d never used it before, but I knew it cures in just a few minutes, so I’d have to work fast. I decided to use some of the dyes she passed on to me as well.

The first batch I mixed up I added black dye to, and poured it into my bat Halloween molds.

The second batch I mixed with red dye, and poured it into some silly skulls.

The third batch I didn’t dye, but I added a bunch of gold glitter and poured it into my sugar skull molds.

Then I decided to experiment a little more. I mixed two cups of resin, one black, one white, and then slowly poured both colors at once into my gravestone molds. I was hoping for a kind of swirled outcome and I was not disappointed!

After all the pieces were cured, I removed them from the molds and glued strong magnets to their backs.

It’s been a fun night filled with fun crafts!

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *