May 6, 2013
Yesterday was day 4 of my sewing frenzy, and after I loved View A of Simplicity 3673 so much, I knew I had to make View C. The bodice is the same as View A, but the skirt is fuller instead of tight and narrow. I had a large piece of black cotton broadcloth so figured I’d dive right in.
Unfortunately after I cut the skirt pieces and one set of the bodice pieces, I realized I did not have enough black in my stash to cut the lining pieces too. I poked around in my stash for a minute and came up with some white broadcloth that I decided to cut to use for the bodice. I thought everything was going smoothly with my sewing except first I sewed the back seam of the skirt all the way up instead of leaving it open partway for the zipper, and then as I was picking that seam out, I wasn’t paying attention and picked out one of my darts instead and had to put it back in. I also wasn’t quite as careful when cutting as I should have been and as a result, the top edges in the back on either side of the zipper don’t line up quite right. It probably won’t be noticeable as my hair will generally cover it, but I wish I had cut more carefully. 🙁
Overall it turned out nicely though, and I look forward to wearing it in the coming Summer. And to those of you who commented I need an iron- I have an iron; I just don’t have anywhere to use it at the moment. I ordered a small tabletop ironing board last night though, and it will be here on Wednesday. 🙂 Wednesday I will give these dresses a good going over and have them ready for real wearing. 🙂