I just added this little guy to my shop, and oh how I love him!

horse6

Raleigh the Racehorse stands about 3″ tall on his wooden base, and the plaque is 4″ wide. He’s made out of reddish brown polymer clay (Sculpey III and Premo!) to give him a rich bay coat. He’s relaxing on a bed of straw, with his lucky horseshoe and a big bucket of water nearby.

horse3

He would make a great display piece in a horse lover’s home, and he’s absolutely one of a kind! He is not for playing with- he could be broken- so not for young children.

Each individual piece has been bonded with E6000 clear glue and the wood is finished with a pecan stain.

Keep an eye out for other cute minis in the future!

Good evening friends! I haven’t posted for a little while so thought I’d pop in and show you a few new makes. After I made the triangle scarf I showed you last time in the Red Heart Super Saver yarn, I decided to make another one, this time using some pesky boucle yarn I had in my stash that I’ve been eager to see gone. Boucle yarn is not something I like working with, and honestly, its a pain in the butt. If you make a mistake, its very difficult to pull out your stitches and chances are the yarn will just break instead and you’re left with a mess. But after its crocheted or knitted up, it makes a very nice fabric that feels pretty nice to the touch. Anyway, here’s the boucle yarn triangle scarf.

scarf

I don’t feel like I’m tooting my own horn to say this turned out beautifully and is really eye catching! I think I will keep it for myself and hope I get to actually wear it often enough to justify keeping it.

My Halloween costume this year involves snakes, so obviously I needed a pair of snake earrings. I decided to tackle this out of polymer clay and made myself a pair using Premo clay in a mixture of a medium green and their opal clay because I wanted to give them some pizzazz.  The opal clay, though soft enough for me to indent with my fingernail, proved really hard to mix and after running it through my pasta machine about ten times, I ended up working in a few lines of Sculpey Liquid into it as well but it never really reached that nice soft warm stage. It was malleable enough though for me to make my snakes.

snakes

As you can see, they are really basic, and if you know anything about snakes, you’ll see they are coiled backwards- a necessary cheat to make them hang evenly from the center. You can see they have a bit of glitz to them as well, from the opal clay. I gave them tiny black eyes with itsy bitsy bits of black clay, and one of my dotter tools. I haven’t added ear wires to them yet as I am waiting on a package of niobium ear wires to arrive first. Since they seem to work so well for me, I order ten more pairs to convert more of my earrings over to them.

I’m not doing a lot of crafting I can share lately because I’m trying really hard to get the big project (a Christmas gift) I’m working on done on time!