I woke up today with a headache and just felt wonky, but I wanted to do something, so why not play with clay? Its low stress, and can be as easy as I want it to be, so why not? Its been a while since I’ve played with my clay too, so an even better reason to mess around with it. I ended up playing around with some different ideas after looking through some Pinterest boards on polymer clay, and came up with something I liked, though it really does make me think of pimento cheese. I also used up some small scraps and made a few round beads while I was at it.   The flat shapes I will make earrings out of, and have some ideas in mind already, I just need to take inventory of my jump rings and my chain first. Maybe I will do that tomorrow. The round beads I don’t know what to do with yet, so for now they are in my stash along with my other round beads awaiting a use to come to mind. The flat shapes were super easy to make with the color blobs in them. I just rolledRead the rest…

I was browsing Pinterest (I have such mixed feelings about it but occasionally I find my way back to it) and looking for free sewing patterns. I came across some really cute ideas, but so many are not suited to my body type, or would take a lot of scaling as the patterns were only available in very small sizes. Then I saw this. This jacket has the prettiest draping and the shape is interesting given the way the seams run. Its made out of a stretch knit fabric, and I definitely want to make one for myself before winter comes. The jacket is made from three pieces of fabric and the only pattern you really need is a few measurements form your tape measure. Here’s the link! Its from a few years ago but I absolutely love it.Read the rest…

Back in October, I sewed View B from Kwik Sew 1425 out of a wild pink and black knit that I loved. I decided this Wednesday evening to sew up View C, which is identical except for having a cross-cross detail on the back. I did make a few minor changes to the pattern, and I will list them off. I added a band to the bottom hemline. I laid my pieces out and planned to make the shirt a few inches longer when cutting, then I spaced out and cut it as is. The band was added to the bottom hem to both add length, and I first ran elastic through it, which I ended up pulling out because I just didn’t like it. I hemmed the neckline and sleeves edges rather than use the binding method suggested by the pattern. This was due to finding that the fabric I used, while stretchy, was not stretchy enough to make use of the binding strips as I cut them. Instead of re-cutting them a few inches longer, I just hemmed the raw edges instead. I added 6 criss-cross bands instead of just the required 2 pieces. I may have gottenRead the rest…