I promised myself some new workout clothes next month, and I set aside $50 in my budget to buy and try some new athletics fabrics I found on Fabric.com. Of course while I was there, I ended up finding some neat stuff on clearance, so got a little more then intended there, and not as much of the athletics fabrics as I had planned. But hey! I stayed under my budget! Simplicity 6816 View B I’ve sewn in a blue and blue polka dot fabric, and View C I just sewed the other day out of that white birds fabric.I think View A is the same as View B but with hemmed sleeves instead of bound and gathered. I’m not sure if I got the yellow burn out fabric or not- I went back to it right after I placed my order and it was sold out, so hoping I bought the last of it and I did get it. The orange fabric has an eyelet lace detailing in it, which I love. I also want to do either View A or a free pattern I found online in this cool red crochet lace I found. I am leaning towardsRead the rest…

I did a lot of sewing the last few days, but unfortunately, I can’t share the most exciting parts of it with you yet and that’s driving me crazy. I stitched up my prom dress for Joann’s party in November with only a few weeks to spare, plus I whipped up a really quick capelet using my leftover dress fabric, plus some other stuff in my stash to line it. I will show you the capelet though, as it doesn’t give away anything about my dress except color and fabric. I based the capelet off of McCall’s 5006, view G or H, but I only went as far as cutting out the fronts and back piece using the pattern and ignored the rest. I had a few small pieces of black velvet ribbon in my stash which I used for the ties, and I used some gold satin that I have no memory of buying from my stash to line it. Its one of those fabrics I want to use up to get rid of it, but can’t think of many applications where I’d actually want to wear it. I also made a small gold clutch, and am going toRead the rest…

I did some sewing on Simplicity 2365 today (finally!) and stitched the front, sides, and back together. I also put in the casing on the inside, which I think I managed to do correctly. I’ve so far followed the directions to a T, but who knows how long that will actually last. I never seem to stick to the directions for anything for long. The casing is some old light blue bias tape I happened to have on hand, and I’m betting its actually something from the stash of stuff I raided from my mom ages ago, so I was glad to use most of it. Tomorrow I will be hemming the bottom, and adding the front facings and collar to it, plus probably whatever follows that step directly. The fabric (since I couldn’t remember for the life of me what it was the last time I talked about this) is a cream and pale blue plaid shirting cotton. Its going to be a great light-weight shirt for the coming summer, and I can’t wait to wear it. I’m a little worried about it though because I hate having raw edges showing anywhere, so I used French seams to containRead the rest…