wpid-IMAG0753As promised, I worked up a second pair of these plants today, in some in plain black flannel for Mattie. His pair went together really smoothly except for the past where I manage to stick a pocket on backwards and ended up with two right legs and had to rip out some seams. I didn’t notice until I was about to sew the crotch seam and things weren’t lining up quite right.

Even with that problem, I still managed to knock them out in about 90 minutes from first cut to last stitch.

He claimed they were going to swallow him, I can only assume his reaction to the very wide legs on these pants. Simplicity 4101 is actually a pattern for scrubs so they are very roomy and easy to wear.

I made this pattern once years ago in a really fun, really splashy fabric that was not at all suited towards something that needed to take abuse. I wore them maybe twice, sat down, and the whole butt ripped out. That was when I learned that there are fabrics referred to as bottom weights and what that actually means.

My friend Alix was recently given a sewing machine and I am trying to get her to come over so I can teach her how to sew. Hopefully we can do that soon and I can give hr a small project to work on while she learns.

Today I’m planning on doing some furniture rearranging in my craft room, but not sure how much. I also want to try to reclaim at lest part of the closet nook, but with all of Richard’s car parts in there, that’s looking pretty iffy as I won’t be able to access the space even if I do empty it out.