I know how many little dog coats can I make this year with M5165? I’ve made what, three in the last few months? I made another one tonight, this one for my Mom’s little dog for Christmas. It was its own challenge and I really hope it fits her as the dog in question is very overweight, and I had to heavily modify the pattern to (hopefully) make it fit. I added about 2 inches to the width of the coat, so it will come down a bit lower on her sides. By doing it this way, it gives the coat more coverage, but also meant I didn’t need to lengthen the belly straps as well. I also had to add multiple extra inches to the neck, which was done by simply extended that part of the coat outward a few inches on each side. The closures are still with velcro, but I used longer pieces than usual to allow for more adjustment in sizing.
The coat was done in two blue cotton prints- one which was a leftover from when I made a cute semi-peasant-styled top, and one which I had a fat quarter of that I picked up for some reason or other. The fat quarter was barely big enough to cut the coat and straps out of. Sandwiched between the two layers of cottons is a layer of insulated batting, and the entire thing was top-stitched with ice blue thread.
It looks good, but the true test will be on Christmas Eve when we see if it actually fits her or not. I’ll see if I can get some photos of it then when Moppie is wearing it.
I also did some beading this evening, finishing up a pair of earrings I started a few weeks ago. Tomorrow I’ll be repairing two t-shirts I have that have a hole forming in the underarm seam.