So, I’m having a great time using Alumilite Amazing Clear Cast Resin! I’ve been making resin earrings and its so much fun!

These first two I posted yesterday before the findings were attached but these are better, clearer photos. I added Delica seed beads to each of these, setting some into them after the resin started to gel. This first pair has silvery beads in the front and behind those, black and white beads. I think these turned out pretty cute.

blackearrings2

 

This pair I did a baby blue, bright pinkish purple, and white beads into. They are kind of 4th of July in feeling, though I’m a bit late for the holiday. These have a small tab at the top of the mold shape made to be drilled, so I got to see how good I am at putting holes in things. Apparently good enough because I drilled this pair and another not pictured without a problem.

blueearrings

These ones I like even better than the other two. I sniped a few inches off of some of my silk sari yarn and I shredded it into little fuzzy bits, putting them into the molds before I poured the resin in. Most of the silk is red, but there are also blue, turquoise, and a little yellow in there.

fiberearrings

I have others I poured as well but they aren’t ready to be shared yet as I am trying something a little different with them. Once I get the other things I need to finish them off I will post photos. It involves sandpaper and a softer, frosted glass-like finish! Some of these will make it into my shop, so expect that to happen soon! I hope you guys love these as much as I do! This might be my new favorite craft!