October 10, 2014
Yesterday I showed you the jacket from this costume and the nearly finished blouse underneath it. Today I am showing you the whole thing together. I am really please with how this costume turned out and I cannot wait to wear it for Halloween! I’m so excited!
I made a lot of changes to this pattern as I went. As I think I mentioned yesterday, the blouse was lengthened to be able to be a separate piece from the skirt, and I added a side zip to it as well as slitted the upper back and finishing the edges with bias tape and a snap so my head would fit through to put it on.
I let off most of the trim this pattern called for. The jacket is already really wild so I was going to let that be the eye catching piece of the outfit and not compete with that.
I decided to tuck the front of the skirt up to give it more body and to show of those ruffles in the petticoat that I spent so much time working on. If you now me, you know I hate gathering and I hate doing ruffles, even if I love them when they are done. That petticoat was sent from Hell to make me crazy!
I was worried the waist would be too snug with the skirt fitted over the petticoat but if anything its a little loose and could be a bit tighter.
All in all I am really pleased with this one and glad I ignored the bad things people have said about this pattern and decided to give it a try with modifications.
Thanks for reading!